The Illinois Tollway values the diversity of its workforce and continually strives to improve access to employment opportunities. It is important to the Tollway that its workforce is representative of the culturally diverse communities we serve. The Illinois Tollway seeks the best and brightest candidates to apply for job opportunities available at the agency.
Whether you have a high school diploma (or equivalent) or a master's degree, find a career in all different types of work environments.
Find out if you have a future working at the Illinois Tollway. It's a great place to work.
Tips for applying for employment with the Illinois Tollway
- Applicants must complete and submit one application for each position and each location for which they are applying.
- Applications and resumes will only be accepted for posted positions.
- A description of each position will remain online for a minimum of 10 business days. Check this page regularly for new employment opportunities with the Illinois Tollway or complete a Job Interest Card.
- All applications and supplemental materials submitted online must be in either Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word (.doc) format.
- All information must be completed on the application. You may include a resume to supplement the application.
- All applications must be received within the dates indicated on the job posting.
- To request additional information, visit our Contact Us page and select the topic titled "Employment."
Electronic Hiring System
If the applicant is a first-time user of the electronic hiring system, a personal account will need to be created including a username and password. A user will be directed to the login step that will enable the creation of an account at the time the user selects the 'apply' link at the top of a posting. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. It is important that all relevant education and experience is documented on the application.
Keep Your Contact Information Current
It is critical that the personal contact information you provide always be kept current. This would include information such as your name, address, phone number, etc. Communication from the Illinois Tollway during the application and hiring process is done via email.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to keep their personal contact information current. To update this contact information, log in and click on "My Account." Edit your contact information as necessary and save your changes.
Note: Future correspondence from the Illinois Tollway will be done via email.
Americans with Disabilities Act Accomodations
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq., and the Illinois Human Rights Act, 775 ILCS 5/1-101 et seq., the Illinois Tollway actively takes steps to ensure that our employment application process is accessible to persons with disabilities. Any person with a disability who needs an accommodation for any portion of the application process is encouraged to contact the Tollway's ADA Coordinator, Lisa G. Williams, at (630) 241-6800 extension 1010, TTY (630) 241-6898, or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Illinois Tollway is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, unfavorable discharge from military service, age, order of protection status, military status, sex or sexual orientation.
We invite you to review our employment plans and reports.
|Illinois Tollway Employment Plans|
|African-American Employment Plan 2014|
|Asian-American Employment Plan 2014|
|Hispanic Employment Plan 2014|
|Illinois Tollway EEO/AA Quarterly Reports|
|2014 - 2nd Quarter (October - December)|
|2014 - 1st Quarter (July - September)|
Read the Tollway Policy on Americans with Disabilities Act.
How to Apply
If you do not have an email account and are unable to submit an application online you may apply:
- In person: Submit the completed application or pick up and complete the application at Illinois Tollway headquarters located at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send the completed application to:
Illinois Tollway – Human Resources
2700 Ogden Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
If you are applying in person, you must apply by the closing date of the position. If you are applying my mail, the mail must be postmarked on or before the closing date of the position and must be received by the Tollway no later than 7 days after the closing date of the position.