Illinois Tollway 2015 Map Cover Art Contest
High school students in the 12 counties served by the Illinois Tollway were invited to submit original works of art to remind motorists of the dangers of tired, reckless drivers on Illinois roadways.
The Tollway received 66 entries from 18 schools throughout the region, from Chicago to Rockford.
The grand prize winner and three runners-up have been selected by a panel of judges including members of the Tollway Board of Directors and representatives from Blick Art Materials and CBRE Inc./U.S. Equities Realty.
Artwork created by the grand prize winner will be featured on the cover of the Tollway's 2015 map, which is distributed at no cost to more than 125,000 customers. The grand prize winner and three runners-up will be featured in the Tollway's 2014 Annual Report. Awards include:
- Grand prize winner: $400 gift certificate from Blick Art Materials and $200 in gift certificates from CBRE to use at oases retail shops and restaurants
- Runners-up: $200 gift certificate from Blick Art Materials and $100 in gift certificates from CBRE
- A certificate of appreciation for all students who participate in the contest
- Acknowledgment of winners at the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors meeting on November 20, 2014
The Illinois Tollway congratulates the winners of the 2015 Illinois Tollway Map Cover Art Contest.
The period for voting by the public has closed. The winners were announced on November 20 at the Illinois Tollway's Board of Directors meeting.
| || || |
|Grand Prize Winner||First Runner Up||Second Runner Up||Third Runner Up|
The contest is open to high school (grades 9-12) art students. See links below for all contest-related forms:
- Contest Rules
- Liability/Release Waiver
- Contest Registration
- Contest Flier/Poster
- Contest News Release for school media outlets
- Contest Public Service Announcement Script for school media use
Contact Dawn Rohrback via email.