Understanding Your Traffic Ticket
In order to determine which police district wrote a ticket, the top middle section contains the handwritten district number. Some tickets require a court appearance and others can be paid by mail.
- If you can pay by mail: The trooper should give you an envelope with your ticket.
- If you need to appear in court: The box next to "Court Appearance Required" will be checked. This means you cannot pay by mail; you must appear in court before payment can be settled.
- Speeding in a construction zone is a mandatory $375 fine AND a court appearance.
- In any county other than DuPage, the court information will be handwritten on the bottom of your ticket above the orange box. If you are in DuPage County, a court time and date will be sent to you.
- If a District 15 trooper wrote your ticket and you have further questions, please call 630-241-6800 extension 5030.
- It is helpful to have the badge number of the trooper who wrote the ticket when you call. It is found in the lower right of the ticket.
Other nearby police districts and their contact information:
State Police District 2
Serving DeKalb, DuPage, Kane and McHenry Counties
State Police District 16
Serving Boone, Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Steate Police Chicago District Telephone: 847-294-4400