How to Pay a Toll Violation
Instructions for I-PASS and E-ZPass Customers
If you were an I-PASS or E-ZPass customer at the time of the violations, you may have received a Notice of Toll Violation because your I-PASS or E-ZPass account information was outdated. You do not need to schedule an administrative hearing.
Please call 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277) or visit a Customer Service Center and a customer service representative will assist you.
I-PASS and E-ZPass customers who respond to a Notice of Toll Violation prior to the due date of the Final Order of Liability, and who have an account in good standing, are eligible to have their fines dismissed and pay only the cash rate for tolls. Such customers who fail to respond prior to the due date of the Final Order of Liability are eligible to pay a settlement amount as outlined by the Illinois Tollway.
In the future, to avoid incurring violations, you must keep your account updated, including license plate information, contact information and credit card information.
Instructions for Non-I-PASS and Non-E-ZPass Customers
If you received a Notice of Toll Violations and are not an I-PASS or E-ZPass customer, you have 21 days from the issue date, to pay in full or schedule an administrative hearing. Requests for hearings will not be accepted after this deadline.
Pay the Violation Notice
- Violation notice number or case number
- License plate number
- License plate type/state
- Illinois Tollway Central Administration Building (2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove, IL)
- Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis (South Holland)
- O'Hare Oasis (Schiller Park)
- Lake Forest Oasis (Lake Forest)
- Des Plaines Oasis (Des Plaines)
- Belvidere Oasis (Belvidere)
- Hinsale Oasis (Hinsdale) - Mondays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- DeKalb Oasis (DeKalb) - Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Call 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277)
- By mail
- Enclose a personal check, cashier's check or money order payable to the Illinois Tollway.
- Write the violation notice number on your check or money order.
- Indicate the amount of your payment in the place provided on the coupon.
- Return the coupon with your payment.
- Mail to: Illinois Tollway
P.O. Box 5201
Lisle, IL 60532-5201
Violation Image Information
License plate images may be requested online or by mail. Requests must include the following information:
- Violation notice number(s)
- License plate number and state
- Daytime telephone number
- Mailing address (if violation image is being mailed)
- Email address
View your violation images online:
Enter the violation database.
To receive your violation images by mail:
Mail your request to:
Attn: Violation Images
2700 Ogden Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Email your request to: Illinois Tollway.
To schedule a review of your violation images in person (viewed on screen):
Call 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277).