Do you have an existing Tollway violation and are looking on how to receive TOLLING 2020 relief?
You’re in the right place.
All you need to do is click “Pay Reduced Violation” below and enter your plate number and existing violation number to access your outstanding violation balances. The TOLLING 2020 relief has already been applied. See below for more details.
What’s my violation number?
Every violation notification from the Illinois Tollway or collection notice includes a violation number. If you have multiple violations on your license plate, any Violation number associated with your plate will bring up all the notices, allowing you to pay them individually or all at once.
Beginning in July, toll violation fines in existing notices prior to March 9, 2020 will be reduced to $3 through the September 3, 2021 to provide customers an opportunity to pay off fines at a significantly reduced rate. This includes anyone previously sent to collections for outstanding toll violations. Below is an example of the reduction customers can expect.
These reductions go far beyond any previous Illinois Tollway violation relief efforts and give customers a chance to finally settle their past unpaid toll violations.
There’s no need to contact the Tollway to qualify for relief. To view your reduced balance, click the link below and enter the number on your previous violation notices. The reduction will be reflected in the system. Note: Notice numbers begin with “VN” followed by a series of numbers.
Payments can be made all at once or at any time through September 3, 2021, and all payments can all be made online.
Reassigning Illinois Tollway Violations
To ensure compliance with Section 10/10(a-5) of the Illinois Toll Highway Act, 605 ILCS 10/10(a-5), the Illinois Tollway may reassign violations to the person who was renting/leasing a vehicle at the time violation occurred if the rental/leasing company meets the following criteria and follows the process outlined below:
- The company must be the registered owner of the vehicle.
- The company's rental/leasing agreement(s) must contain a provision advising the renter/lessee that they will be responsible for payment of tolls and any fines for toll evasion.
- The rental/leasing agreement must be approved by the Illinois Tollway prior to submitting any requests for reassignments. This approval is required on an annual basis.
- The company must post a sign at the rental/leasing counter notifying the renter/lessee of the responsibility to pay tolls and any fines for toll evasion.
- The company must provide the necessary documentation to the Tollway by the due date listed on the Notice of Violation.