About the Tollway
The Illinois Tollway is dedicated to providing and promoting a safe and efficient system of highways while ensuring the highest possible level of service to our customers.Whether it's I-PASS, the Move Illinois Program, open road tolling or keeping you safe with our H.E.L.P. trucks, we are committed to delivering great benefits and services to customers.
The Tollway is a user-fee system – no state or federal tax dollars are used to support maintenance and operations. Operations are funded by toll and concession revenues.
- Increase collaboration with regional transportation and planning agencies
- Promote the regional economy
- Maintain financial integrity
- Foster environmental responsibility and sustainability
- Maintain the safety and efficiency of the Tollway system
- Further transparency and accountability
- Enhance customer service
- Maintain public trust
How can we help you?
Executive Director, Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Gorman
Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Gorman was appointed Executive Director by the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors in February 2018.
Gorman manages the agency’s daily operations, oversees its $1.45 billion budget and leads its nearly 1,500 employees in ensuring the Tollway’s 1.6 million daily drivers travel on a safe, efficient and customer-friendly highway system that incorporates innovative roadway designs and cutting-edge technology.
Before joining the Tollway, Gorman compiled a record of public service that encompassed more than 12 years as a Cook County Commissioner and Forest Preserve District Commissioner, where she emphasized transportation, economic development and public safety issues.
Gorman gained experience in regional and transportation planning while serving as a member of the Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission and most recently provided strategic planning services to PricewaterhouseCoopers while serving as Director of State and Local Government.
|Deborah Allen||Chief of Administration|
|Shana Whitehead||Chief of Business Systems|
|Cindy Klima||Chief of Communications and Marketing|
|Gustavo Giraldo||Chief of Diversity and Strategic Development|
|Paul Kovacs||Chief Engineering Officer|
|Michael Colsch||Chief Financial Officer|
|Elizabeth Oplawski||Acting General Counsel|
|Joseph M. Kambich||Chief of Information Technology|
|Cassaundra Rouse||Chief Internal Auditor|
|Patricia Taylor||Chief of Operations|
|Kevin Artl||Chief Operating Officer|
|Rocco Zucchero||Chief Planning Officer|
|John Donato||Chief of Procurement|
|Captain Robert Meeder||Illinois State Police District 15 Commander|
|TJ Hengesbach||Inspector General|
The Illinois Tollway supports the State of Illinois' efforts to share information regarding contracts and expenditures with the public. The Illinois Transparency and Accountability Portal complements the existing information already provided to the public on the Illinois Tollway's website, including:
- The Doing Business section provides current and historical information about Illinois Tollway bids, requests for proposals, awards and contracts for construction projects and goods and services.
- Projects: Projects by Roadway provides specific details about Tollway construction projects. The Construction Contract Tracker is a user-friendly project management tool that provides current contract records and project status.
- The Finance section offers links to current and historical Illinois Tollway financial statements and audits, budgets, bond indebtedness and investments.
- The Media Center section includes Tollway Reports and Publication for a variety of functions including The Illinois Tollway Annual Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
- The Leadership section provides a listing of the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors and their profiles, as well as a schedule of public Board meetings, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Employee payroll is posted on the Illinois Transparency and Accountability portal.
- Fleet and Out-of-State Travel reports provide a list of permanently assigned vehicles and details on approved employee travel.
- The Monthly Overtime Report provides a list of employees and the number of overtime hours in the preceding month.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) guarantees access to state records in whatever form they are maintained. The Illinois Tollway is dedicated to transparency and supports the State of Illinois' efforts to share information.
Sunshine - Illinois Accountability Project is a place where citizens can go to find information about a large number of programs across state agencies including current state employees' pay, state expenditures and state contracts.
There are currently six categories visitors can search:
- State Government
- Health and Safety
While all of the information contained on this site is an open record in accordance with Illinois law, there may be additional public records available regarding this data. Additional records can be obtained on the Illinois Tollway website or by making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Information provided on the Sunshine Portal is based on records maintained by the State of Illinois and may differ in how information is aggregated from Illinois Tollway records. Unlike the state which operates on a July to June fiscal year, the Illinois Tollway operates on a calendar-year budget. In addition, contract information posted on the state site uses a different contract numbering system from the Illinois Tollway.
The Tollway's Annual Report consists of an overview of the agency's activity during a given year.
Each report features goals that were both attained and set. The Annual Report focuses on topics such as customer service, construction and communications.
Archived Annual Reports
|2016 Annual Report|