Is Your I-PASS Transponder Expiring in 2022?
You now have two more years.
The Illinois Tollway is extending the deadline on all transponders by two years. Customers will receive a letter when it is time to exchange them. Ensure that we have your current mailing address – visit getipass.com
GET I-PASS AND GET GOING!
I-PASS is the only way to travel on the Illinois Tollway. Benefits include:
Save money – I-PASS & E-ZPass customers enjoy 50% off tolls.
Avoid Fines and Fees – Never worry about paying fines and fees with I-PASS. Account alerts keep you up to date, alerting you to out-of-date credit cards and low account balances ensuring you never pay more than your tolls.
E-Z Travel Across the Country – You can also use your I-PASS anywhere E-ZPass is accepted, including on the Chicago Skyway, the Indiana Toll Road and in 17 other states. (via the E-ZPass system).
READY FOR YOUR I-PASS?
Open your account today!
By creating a new account on www.getipass.com you can manage your account, personal information, payment information, transponders and vehicles all in one place!
Get Your Transponder(s)
Customers have many options to get I-PASS and Get Going!
- Transponders may be ordered online through a customer’s account at www. getipass.com.
- Customers can visit any Jewel-Osco, Road Ranger (online activation required).
- Or customers may visit any I-PASS Customer Service Center to pick up their I-PASS today.
Drive Farther With I-PASS
Traveling with IPASS is easier now that it is accepted in 19 states and within more than 35 tolling agencies. As a member of the E-ZPass IAG consortium, you have the luxury of traveling worry free throughout all the states below
Mount Your Transponder.
Be sure to keep the I-PASS transponder in your car while traveling and drive worry free as I-PASS is compatible with the tolling systems (IAG Members) listed below.
Renting a car?
Your I-PASS transponder can be used in a rental vehicle. Before you hit the road, be sure to add the rental plate as well as the start and end dates for the rental period to your IPASS account.
Going to Florida?
The State of Florida is now a part of the E-ZPass IAG consortium. Traveling throughout Florida is easy with your I-PASS which is accepted on these toll roads:
- Florida Turnpike Enterprise (FTE)
- Miami Dade Expressway Authority (MDX)
- Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA)
- Central Florida Expressway
NOTE: If you have a Sun Pass, there is no need to use an I-PASS transponder while driving in Florida.
The Georgia State Roads and Toll Authority is expected to go live with the E-ZPass IAG Consortium later in 2021. Stay tuned and Happy Travels.
E-ZPass IAG Member Agencies
- Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
- Burlington County Bridge Commission
- Delaware Department of Transportation
- Cape May County Bridge Commission
- Cline Avenue Bridge
- Delaware River and Bay Authority
- Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission
- Delaware River Port Authority
- Florida Turnpike Enterprise
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- Indiana Toll Road Concession Company, LLC
- Kane County Department of Transportation
- Kentucky Public Transportation Infrastructure Authority
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Maryland Transportation Authority
- Maine Turnpike Authority
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority Bridges and Tunnels
- Miami Dade Expressway Authority
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Niagara Falls Bridge Commission
- New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Central Florida Expressway
- New Jersey Turnpike Authority
- New York State Bridges Authority
- New York State Thruway Authority
- North Carolina Turnpike Authority
- Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
- Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority
- Skyway Concession Company
- South Jersey Transportation Authority
- Thousand Islands Bridge Authority
- Virginia Department of Transportation (Primary agency for the 9 independent toll agencies within Virginia)
- West Virginia Parkway Authority
Closing Your I-PASS Account
You can close your account in person at a Customer Service Center or by certified mail. If mailing, send your transponder, wrapped in foil, with a letter requesting that the I-PASS account be closed. The letter also should include your return address. Your balance and deposit will be refunded within 45 days of receipt of the request, provided the transponder is returned in good condition. If a transponder has been painted, designed or tampered with, the deposit will be forfeited.
If closing your account by certified mail, send transponder to:I-PASS Fulfillment Center
P.O. Box 806518
Chicago, IL 60680
If you opened your I-PASS account with cash or a check, a refund check for the remaining account balance will be mailed to the address indicated in the letter. If you opened your account with a credit or debit card, the credit or debit card registered on the account will be credited. If that is unsuccessful, a refund check will be issued.
*If a customer does not want to return their transponder(s), They need to notify the Customer Service Center. Their deposit will be forfeited.