The Illinois Tollway supports the State of Illinois' efforts to share information regarding contracts and expenditures with the public. The Illinois Transparency and Accountability Portal complements the existing information already provided to the public on the Illinois Tollway's website, including:
- The Doing Business section provides current and historical information about Illinois Tollway bids, requests for proposals, awards and contracts for construction projects and goods and services.
- Projects: Projects by Roadway provides specific details about Tollway construction projects. The Construction Contract Tracker is a user-friendly project management tool that provides current contract records and project status.
- The Finance section offers links to current and historical Illinois Tollway financial statements and audits, budgets, bond indebtedness and investments.
- The Media Center section includes Tollway Reports and Publication for a variety of functions including The Illinois Tollway Annual Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
- The Leadership section provides a listing of the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors and their profiles, as well as a schedule of public Board meetings, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Employee payroll is posted on the Illinois Transparency and Accountability portal.
- Fleet and Out-of-State Travel reports provide a list of permanently assigned vehicles and details on approved employee travel.
- The Monthly Overtime Report provides a list of employees and the number of overtime hours in the preceding month.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) guarantees access to state records in whatever form they are maintained. The Illinois Tollway is dedicated to transparency and supports the State of Illinois' efforts to share information.
Sunshine - Illinois Accountability Project is a place where citizens can go to find information about a large number of programs across state agencies including current state employees' pay, state expenditures and state contracts.
There are currently six categories visitors can search:
- State Government
- Health and Safety
While all of the information contained on this site is an open record in accordance with Illinois law, there may be additional public records available regarding this data. Additional records can be obtained on the Illinois Tollway website or by making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Information provided on the Sunshine Portal is based on records maintained by the State of Illinois and may differ in how information is aggregated from Illinois Tollway records. Unlike the state which operates on a July to June fiscal year, the Illinois Tollway operates on a calendar-year budget. In addition, contract information posted on the state site uses a different contract numbering system from the Illinois Tollway.