Permits and Utility Information


Permits are issued to control and monitor work and activities on our property that are not performed by or under contract with the Illinois Tollway.

For more information or to check on the status of a permit, please call (630) 241-6800 ext: 4941 or email us here.

Truck Permits

More about overweight/overdimension vehicle permits

Tollway Truck Permits

Standard Permits

Standard permits allow utility companies and municipalities to extend facilities across the Tollway to provide service. Standard permits (also referred to as crossing, utility and drainage permits) are granted to install facilities owned by others on Tollway property. 

Construction Permits

Construction permits allow construction work that is not part of a Tollway construction contract to be performed by an outside entity on Tollway property. The need for the work is often included in an agreement with the Tollway.


Authorization Letters

Authorization letters allow entry to Tollway property for engineering surveys, soil borings, utility and crossroad bridge inspections, minor repairs and all other minor work that is not performed under contract with the Tollway.


Authorization  Access Requirements Access Insurance

Underground Facilities Locating Service

A Tollway underground facility locating service is provided to locate and mark Tollway underground facilities for contractors, municipalities and utility companies that need to dig on the property.

Locate Form A-36    Locate Procedures   Locate for Soil Boring   Request Tollway Utility Locate

Utility Relocation Information

Utility relocation information is accessible to help companies and municipalities and their consultants resolve conflicts with Tollway improvement projects.