The Tollway has partnered with the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership to launch ConstructionWorks, an innovative program to create a qualified pipeline of diverse men and women ready to enter careers in the heavy highway and related construction industry. Candidates are skilled, work-ready and represent most trades recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor including equipment operators, carpenters, electricians, iron workers, cement masons and laborers.
For Individuals: Your Connection to a Career in Construction
Through ConstructionWorks, participants will be connected to a network of experienced career and pre-apprenticeship training partners throughout Northern Illinois who offer customized construction industry preparation. Participants will have an unprecedented level of access to key industry resources throughout the region, including construction contractors and regional transportation agencies. To better assist with long-term career success, the program will also provide support services for participants after they attain employment.
Interested? Complete the ConstructionWorks Candidate Interest form.
To learn more about other construction career opportunities, please visit the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership website.
For Contractors: Your Connection to a Skilled Workforce
By hiring and retaining ConstructionWorks job candidates, all contractors—both prime and subcontractors—are eligible to earn the following:
- First Incentive—Contractors earn bid credits for employing ConstructionWorks hires on any public works project in the state of Illinois; bid credits may be applied up to a maximum bid credit cap assigned to each contract by the Tollway to lower their bid amount and increase the chances of winning the contract as the low bidder.
- Second Incentive—Contractors earn $15 per work hour cash wage reimbursement for ConstructionWorks apprentice hires working on Tollway projects— up to $100,000 per contract.
|First Level Incentive:
|Second Level Incentive
|A. Operating Engineers - Structural Steel Iron Workers
|$0.75 for every dollar earned
|$15 an hour to a maximum of $100,000 per contract
|B. Skilled Trades and Fabricators
|$0.65 for every dollar earned
|C. Skilled Laborers
|$0.55 for every dollar earned
Hire a ConstructionWorks Candidate and Take Advantage of Incentives
- Register to use our hiring portal.
- Once hiring portal registration is approved, begin reviewing resumes and certifications from qualified ConstructionWorks participants.
- Contact candidates and schedule interviews.
Email the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership here with any questions.