Partnering For Growth
Partnering for Growth
The Illinois Tollway’s Partnering for Growth Program encourages prime consultants and contractors to assist disadvantaged, minority- and women-owned business enterprise (D/M/WBE) firms and veteran-owned small businesses (VOSBs) in remaining self-sufficient, competitive and profitable businesses.
Gain a Bid Advantage With Partnering For Growth
The Illinois Tollway’s Partnering for Growth Program for Construction encourages contractors and subcontractors to assist disadvantaged, minority and women-owned business enterprise (D/M/WBE) firms and veteran-owned small businesses (VOSBs) in remaining self-sufficient, competitive and profitable.
Partnering for Growth for Construction offers participating contractors the opportunity to earn up to $100,000 per year in bid credits that may be applied toward future Tollway construction bids to lower the bid amount and increase the chances of winning the contract as the low bidder. In a highly competitive industry, bid credits give contractors a bidding advantage on Tollway construction contracts.
The Partnering for Growth Construction Program is term-based (12 to 36 months), enabling partnering contractors to continue working on areas of development without being contingent upon contract awards, project milestones or completion dates. Partnering for Growth agreements are possible with current subcontractors on existing projects.
Contractors have the flexibility to determine areas of assistance including business planning, project management, financial counseling and bonding, equipment utilization and submitting quotes. Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program providers are available to assist partnering firms at every step.
How to Participate
- Contact the Illinois Tollway
Phone: 630-241-6800 ext. 3227
- Complete a Partnering for Growth enrollment form
- Gain access to the pool of qualified firms ready for partnerships
- Form a Partnering for Growth relationship with firm(s) and begin earning bid credits
Support for Mentors
Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program providers are available to assist both mentors and protégés at every step. All protégés will have been assessed and, when needed, have received comprehensive, customized business development assistance to prepare them for participation in a P4G relationship. Once protégés are evaluated, they are entered in a potential protégé pool to be reviewed by potential mentors.
Read the Partnering for Growth Brochure (02/2019)
Read the construction guidelines and program documents below.
P4G for Professional Services
P4G for Professional Services is contract based. Under this program, the protégé works on a specific Tollway contract with the mentor on agreed-upon scope designed to help expand the protégé’s technical capabilities and develop skills needed to work with the Tollway. Consultants receive credit toward advertised DBE and/or VOSB goals by participating as mentors on a specific Tollway contract.
Prospective protégés may market their firms to potential mentors in connection with a Tollway professional services solicitation. Mentors may include the P4G relationship in the statement of interest for a specific professional services solicitation.
How to Participate
- Review the P4G Professional Services guidelines and program documents below
- Market your business to potential mentors prior to the Tollway’s Professional Services Bulletins in order to forge a P4G relationship to be included on the mentor’s statement of interest.
All parties involved stand to gain by participating in P4G:
- Both mentors and protégés benefit from newly formed business relationships.
- Construction mentors earn virtual bid credits that may give a competitive edge in pursuing Tollway construction contracts.
- Professional services mentors earn credit toward contractual DBE or VOSB commitments.
- Protégés gain experience and valuable assistance to improve business practices.
- Tollway increases the pool of firms to support Move Illinois and fosters competition in the marketplace.