Are you or your family traveling this summer? I-PASS and the Illinois Tollway have you covered.
Whether you’re heading out of state or have family and friends coming to visit, our I-PASS services are there to help you navigate all your travel needs.
I-PASS and E-ZPass are completely integrated, so your I-PASS can be used to pay tolls not only on the Illinois Tollway, but also in other states that accept E-ZPass, including Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and 13 other states that are part of the E-ZPass network. Same goes for your family and friends who have E-ZPass. If they’re driving to you, they’ll be able to seamlessly travel throughout the Illinois Tollway system.
No E-ZPass? No problem. I-PASS customers can add license plates of traveling family and friends to their I-PASS accounts. Plates can be added as authorized I-PASS account users to pay tolls electronically and avoid violations. Account holders can update their accounts by logging into their accounts at www.getipass.com or by calling 800-UCI-PASS.
To make summer travel easy and safe, the Tollway reminds drivers to follow a few basic travel tips:
- Avoid distracted driving. Stop at any Tollway oases to safely use cellphones for calling, texting and accessing mobile apps. It’s illegal for drivers to use any hand-held device when driving.
- Get on your Waze. The Tollway provides Waze with information on lane blockages, roadway incidents and the location of H.E.L.P. trucks.
- Keep tabs on your tolls. The Tollway’s website is fully accessible from mobile devices, providing access anytime, anywhere to I-PASS account information or pay unpaid tolls.
- Move Over. Illinois law requires motorists to change lanes or slow down and proceed with caution when passing any vehicle on the side of the road with hazard lights activated.
- Dial *999 for roadway assistance. Need help on the road? Tollway customers can call *999 to get assistance from Tollway roadway maintenance crews or from Illinois State Police District 15.
Other Summer Travel Tips:
- Check your tires. Make sure your tires are inflated to the correct pressure, including the spare tire.
- Inspect windshield wipers and fluid. Ensure that bug splatter, dirt and inclement weather don’t impair your view.
- Make sure the A/C works. Have a mechanic inspect your coolant, condenser and belts.
- Flush your radiator. Get your radiator flushed and filled to avoid overheating.
- Pack an emergency kit. Include non-perishable snacks, bottled water, road flares, jumper cables, bandages and blanket.
Find More Travel Information
Back to Inside the Tollway »