Map Cover Art Contest
Sponsored by the Illinois Tollway, Blick Art Materials and MB Real Estate (MBRE)
The Illinois Tollway invites talented high school art students to design the cover art for the 2019 Illinois Tollway map. The contest is open to art students at more than 300 public high schools in the 12 counties served by the Tollway. Any high school student enrolled in art class is eligible to enter.
This year’s contest theme is: Diversifying Our Roadways.
The Illinois Tollway’s Board of Directors has invested heavily on diversity programs, issues and policies aimed at diversifying the Illinois Tollway’s engineering, design, construction and support services. The Tollway’s ultimate goal is to create access to sustainable jobs and foster increased opportunities for firms of all sizes and types.
Recognizing the Illinois Tollway’s commitment to diversity, areas of focus may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Diversity as it pertains to employees and the businesses and individuals that work for the Tollway
- Diversity as it pertains to the communities and customers the Tollway system serves
- Diversification of skilled and construction trades via workforce development and training
Artwork created by the grand prize winner will be featured on the cover of the Tollway’s 2019 map, which is distributed at no cost to more than 75,000 customers. The grand prize winner and three runners-up will be featured in the Tollway’s 2018 annual report.
- Grand prize winner: $400 gift certificate from Blick Art Materials and $200 in gift certificates from MBRE to use at oases retail shops and restaurants
- Runners-up: $200 gift certificate from Blick Art Materials and $100 in gift certificates from MBRE
- A certificate of appreciation for all students who participate in the contest
- Acknowledgment of winners at the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors meeting on November 29, 2018
Contact Dawn Rohrback
And the Winner Is...
The top 10 entries will be featured on the Illinois Tollway’s website and displayed in galleries at the five Tollway oases pavilions. The public will be invited to view the artwork and cast their votes online to choose the top four entries.
The grand prize winner and three runners-up will be selected by a panel of judges, including members of the Tollway Board of Directors and representatives from MBRE, and announced in November.
Deadlines and Rules
Art contest entries will be accepted beginning September 14, 2018, and must be postmarked no later than October 12, 2018.
The contest is open to all high school (grades 9 through 12) art students. See links below for all contest-related forms: