Trip Calculator - within seven (7) days
If you’ve traveled on the Illinois Tollway within the last seven days, simply open the Trip Calculator, right click on the map where your trip started (within Illinois) and where it ended (within Illinois) to calculate and pay your tolls in one easy process.
Repeat if you’ve made multiple trips, with no added fees.
Search by Plate - after seven (7) days
If you’ve traveled on the Illinois Tollway within the last 14 days and you missed paying a toll or traveled on one of our all-electronic tollways (Illinois Route 390), click Search by Plate and search for your plate in our database.
Note: Violations cannot be paid via Search by Plate. If you’re looking to pay previously incurred violations under the Illinois Tollway’s TOLLING 2020 violation relief program, please refer to the Violation Page and follow the link to enter you plate number and violation number beginning with “VN” as referenced in your notice.
Three things to note when using Search by Plate:
- If you’ve traveled within the last seven (7) days, you must check back after to ensure all unpaid tolls have processed
- While we’re working to improve this feature, due to the occasional need for a manual plate review for accuracy, there is a chance your plate will not register in our system within the first seven (7) days of travel.
- Even if you miss the 14-day window, there is still a chance that you are able to pay your tolls in the Pay by Plate system
- At times, unpaid tolls stay in the Pay by Plate system for longer than 14 days. As a result, customers are encouraged to take the time to search their plates at any time to see if they are able to address their missed tolls before receiving an invoice.
- Violations cannot be paid via Search by Plate. If you’re looking to pay previously incurred violations under the Illinois Tollway’s TOLLING 2020 violation relief program, you need your vehicle plate number and your violation notice number to pay here.
When a unpaid toll isn’t paid via Search by Plate, the Illinois Tollway will mail the customer a series of invoices providing multiple opportunities to address missed tolls and avoid entering the violation process. Invoices are sent via U.S. Mail to customers and include an invoicing fee for each missed toll.
If you’ve received an invoice, click below to enter the payment portal to quickly and easily pay the missed tolls online using the assigned invoice number. Customers are able to do the following:
Pay any invoice - Quickly and easily pay any invoices associated with your license plate through the easy-to-use payment portal.
Dispute a license plate image – Mistakes happen. At times, due to the multitude of license plate types in Illinois, images are misidentified. If you believe this is the case, you may dispute the image of your plate after entering your invoice number.
Dispute a missed toll - As a customer, you have the right to dispute your charges by filling out a sworn Affidavit of Non-Liability and providing documentation as to the nature of the dispute.
Note, not being aware that you were on a tolled facility, not intending to miss initial payment, and not being the operator of the vehicle are not grounds to dispute a missed toll. Also, the Illinois Tollway does not accept missed payment for tolls on reciprocal tolling systems such as the Illinois Skyway, the Indiana Toll Road and E-ZPass systems.
Cash customers may also visit any Illinois Tollway Customer Service Center location for assistance on managing missed tolls and I-PASS accounts offline. Click here for hours and locations of our customer service center locations.
By check – Cash customers may also pay by money order payable to the Illinois Tollway. Please write the violation notice number on your check or money order. Indicate the amount of your payment in the place provided on the coupon and return the coupon with your payment.
Mail to: Illinois Tollway - P.O. Box 5544 - Chicago, IL 60680-5544