Do you have an outstanding violation with the Illinois Tollway?
You’re in the right place.
Click “Pay Violation” below and enter your plate number and violation number to pay your outstanding violations. See below for more details.
What’s my violation number?
Every violation notification from the Illinois Tollway or collection notice includes a violation number. If you have multiple violations, any violation number associated with that license plate will display all notices associated with that license plate, allowing you to pay them individually or all at once.
Thanks to the Illinois Tollway’s Tolling 2020 reform program, notices prior to March 9, 2020 that included fines ($20 and $50 per toll) have now been reduced ($3 per toll). This includes anyone previously sent to collections for outstanding toll violations. Below is an example of the reduction customers can expect.
There’s no need to contact the Tollway to qualify for relief. The reduction will be reflected in the system. Note: Notice numbers begin with “VN” "VW" or "VS" followed by a series of numbers.
Payments can be made all at once or at any time through January 2022, and all payments can all be made online.
Reassigning Illinois Tollway Violations
To ensure compliance with Section 10/10(a-5) of the Illinois Toll Highway Act, 605 ILCS 10/10(a-5), the Illinois Tollway may reassign violations to the person who was renting/leasing a vehicle at the time violation occurred if the rental/leasing company meets the following criteria and follows the process outlined below:
- The company must be the registered owner of the vehicle.
- The company's rental/leasing agreement(s) must contain a provision advising the renter/lessee that they will be responsible for payment of tolls and any fines for toll evasion.
- The rental/leasing agreement must be approved by the Illinois Tollway prior to submitting any requests for reassignments. This approval is required on an annual basis.
- The company must post a sign at the rental/leasing counter notifying the renter/lessee of the responsibility to pay tolls and any fines for toll evasion.
- The company must provide the necessary documentation to the Tollway by the due date listed on the Notice of Violation.