Rolling Owner Controlled Insurance Program
The Rolling Owner Controlled Insurance Program, known as ROCIP, is intended to provide liability coverage for on-site activities for enrolled contractors and subcontractors working under the Tollway’s Small Business Initiative. Contractors are still required to maintain off-site insurance coverages.
The Illinois Tollway’s ROCIP includes Commercial General Liability and Excess Liability up to $25 million per occurrence and $25 million in aggregate.
For contracts included in the ROCIP, enrollment by contractors and subcontractors is mandatory prior to notice to proceed.
If you have any questions regarding general liability insurance please email us by clicking here.
If you'd like to download the ROCIP Insurance Manual, please click here.
Why is ROCIP critical to increasing participation?
The Illinois Tollway is continually evaluating opportunities to increase participation by small and diverse businesses as prime contractors on construction contracts. By providing liability coverage for on-site activities as part of the ROCIP, the Tollway is removing barriers to prime contracting opportunities for small businesses that are unable to meet Tollway construction contract liability insurance requirements.
What are the benefits to contractors?
- Coverage fulfills Tollway construction contract insurance requirements
- Allows more contractors – small, diverse and veteran-owned firms – to pursue prime opportunities.
- Increases pool of small and diverse firms ready to compete for Tollway contracts
What kind of work is covered?
The Illinois Tollway estimates nearly $200 million in work will be eligible for ROCIP, including previously unbundled and Illinois Tollway Small Business Initiative contracts. Examples of types or work may include landscaping, roadway, crossroads/bridges, noise/retaining walls, grading/drainage, lighting/fiber optic, removals.
- Tollway provided liability coverage for enrolled contractors and subcontractors
- Eliminates significant challenge for small businesses
- Effective on select contracts for a period of three years
- Registered Illinois Small Businesses Set-Aside vendor (CPO Certification)
- Registered in the Illinois Tollway's Small Business Initiative
- IDOT, CDB prequalification (where applicable)
- Self-performance goal of up to 40 percent, determined on a project-by project basis
- Meet all applicable diversity goals
- Subcontractors must also enroll in the ROCIP