New Illinois Tollway Leaders Engage Illinois Road Builders Membership
Nearly 300 transportation industry professionals took the opportunity to meet with the Illinois Tollway’s new leadership duo recently to hear about the Tollway’s priorities and coming projects.
Illinois Tollway Chairwoman Dorothy Abreu and Interim Executive Director Lanyea Griffin met for the first time with members of the Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association at the IRTBA General Membership Meeting in Lombard.
Abreu and Griffin shared their vision for the Tollway, including:
- Building on the accomplishments of the Move Illinois capital program.
- Working in collaboration with the industry to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Conducting business with transparency, integrity and accountability.
- Increasing opportunities for small, diverse and veteran-owned firms to participate on Tollway projects.
- Encouraging the industry to bring creativity and innovation to its work on Tollway projects.
Both Tollway leaders emphasized the need to set clear expectations, and are committed to working in partnership to deliver the benefits of its infrastructure investments to the public.